Wales Pre-school Providers Association
Wales PPA is a registered charity (no.1056381) and company limited by guarantee (no. 3164233).
Our registered office is at Unit 1, The Lofts, 9, Hunter Street, Cardiff CF10 5GX
What information do we collect?
We collect data from individuals on membership forms, Emails, letters, phone calls, visit/contact logs, via our online shop, survey responses, data required for Additional Needs and Assisted Places Schemes.
How do we use the information?
- To maintain membership records and retain them on a database where they can be accessed and shared with Wales PPA employees.
- To communicate with members to keep you updated on membership benefits, send you smalltalk magazine, sector updates, news and information from other organisations.
- To communicate with you about opportunities to attend or participate in consultations, events and training.
- To analyse and use in Wales PPA’s internal reporting and analysis.
- We use members’ banking details to process payments you have made to us and to send you a receipt for such payments and donations.
- We will only process your personal data to send you direct marketing if we have your signed consent.
- We will always seek your permission before sharing information that you have given to us at meetings, during calls or visits and in emails.
How is your information shared?
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may disclose your data to our service providers who render services to us or you on our behalf (all of which are contractually obligated to act only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws, including GDPR).
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you give us your signed consent for this to happen.
- We may share your data and details about your service with funders e.g. local authorities or Welsh Government but will seek in advance your written permission to do so.
- We will always ask you for your permission in writing before sharing any of your personal information
Cookies, also known as browsers or tracking cookies, are small text files that are added to your computer when you visit a website. They help websites to perform certain functions e.g. to know who you are if you log into a restricted part of a website, for shopping carts, and for tracking purposes.
Wales PPA uses the following cookies:
Google analytics. We use Google analytics cookies on the website for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website for example number of visitors and length of time on site. This process does collect data, but in an anonymous form, to help us make improvements, develop the website and enhance the user experience.
Privacy preferences. We use a tracking cookie, which is added to your computer, to remember your cookie preferences i.e. if you have allowed or disallowed them.
Register for events. We have the ability for you to register for events on the website. If you do so this information goes directly into our database. In order to register our database adds an essential cookie (reaction server) to your computer.
If you would like to opt-in or opt-out of using cookies then you should be able to do so using your browser. You can review your cookie settings at any time.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of the deployment of cookies that are necessary for delivery of our website or services to visitors.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights about use of your data
You have the right to:
- Access the personal data that we hold on you
- Rectify/correct this data
- Ask for your data to be deleted
- Ask us to restrict how your data is used i.e to stop processing it but not delete it, for example if you want to establish its accuracy before any further processing is undertaken
- Be given the data that we hold in a readable format
- Object to your data being used for direct marketing and/or being processed for reports and statistics
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object on this particular ground
- Not be profiled or be subject to a decision based on automated processing
- Request the transfer of your data to another party.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time by writing to our head office: Wales PPA, Unit 1, The Lofts, 9 Hunter Street, Cardiff. CF10 5GX or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights set out above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
How we protect your data
Your data may be stored electronically (on computers, laptops, iPad, or mobile phones) or in hard copy, in secure storage and only accessed by Wales PPA staff who will use it to contact you during their work.
Wales PPA employees receive training and information about all aspects of data processing and protection as appropriate to their role.
Wales PPA has appointed the Chief Executive Officer to be the data protection controller and can be contacted at email@example.com or on 029 2045 1242 or by writing to Chief Executive Officer, Wales Pre-school Providers Association, Unit 1, The Lofts, 9, Hunter Street, Cardiff CF10 5GX.
All Wales PPA staff will receive an induction in data processing procedures including the reporting of any breaches to the data controller at Wales PPA who will report to the ICO under the requirements of GDPR.
If this policy is updated or changed we will notify all members and the policy will be available on our website: www.earlyyears.wales.
If you have concerns or a complaint about the use of your personal data, you can contact our data protection controller
The Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Swyddfa Gofrestredig Wales PPA Uned 1, The Lofts, 9 Hunter Street, Caerdydd, CF10 5GX/
Registered Office Wales PPA Unit 1, The Lofts, 9 Hunter Street, Cardiff, CF10 5GX
Ff: 029 2045 1242 E: firstname.lastname@example.org/T: 029 2045 1242 E: email@example.com
/Elusen gofrestredig/Registered charity 1056381. Cwmni cyfyngedig trwy warant /Company limited by guarantee 3164233