Flood Relief Fund
The Welsh Government has formally launched a £2.5million Flood Relief Fund which is available to Welsh businesses to help them recover from damage and disruption caused by the recent storms – Ciara, Dennis and Jorge.
The following article has been published by Business Wales
- The business must be an SME based in Wales
- The business needs to demonstrate that they have suffered severe disruption as a result of storm Ciara and/or storm Dennis and/or Jorge:
- Directly impacted by the weather event, i.e. flood damage to the property, equipment and / or stock;
- Indirectly impacted by the weather event, i.e. the business has had no/highly restricted access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding; restricted access for customers, suppliers and/or staff; suffered loss of trade and have issues with regards to wages for employees.
- Funding can only be used to cover costs that cannot be recovered from insurance
- One application per businesses
- Businesses will need to provide:
- details of estimated affected costs to their business
- evidence of business address (within the last 3 months)
- photographic evidence of damage
You will need to provide evidence to support your claim when you submit your application – proof of your business address, photographs of flood damage and lost stock, wage slips from last 4 weeks (if appropriate) and costs of goods that need replacing.
For further information and guidance if your business has been affected by flooding visit: